CUPE 3906 is currently in bargaining for their Teaching Assistants and Post-Doctoral Fellows at McMaster University. The CUPE local is attempting to challenge Bill 124 and restrictions on wage increases.
- The local is getting ready to increase mobilizations for the new school year.
- The direct action and education outreach focused on how Bill 124 and cuts to post-secondary are impacting students and workers at McMaster University.
- Banners were targeted at the university’s
- compliance in the Ford government’s attacks on students and workers.
- Highlighted the workers demands for fair wages.
- This campaign is part of the #BetterMac campaign.
- The #BetterMac demands for TA’s, sessional lecturers, and Post Docs are the following:
- fair wages
- an end to precarious employment
- job security
The action also included the collection of testimonials so members could share their stories about how benefits, wage and job protections, and how their union has helped them.
Support the local by signing their petition here.